We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Mamou and Eunice

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Mamou and Eunice

How long a drive is it, time wise, approximately to Mamou (taking into consideration I'll have 1 eye on the road and the other eye on my directions)? The directions I have say 1 hour. The music starts at 9am at Fred's, correct? Should I make an effort to get there earlier?

And then how long a drive is it to get to Eunice from Mamou (directions say 20 minutes)? Savoy's jam goes on until 12noon? Should I divide my time equally between the 2 places, or is 1 better than the other?

There is just too much fun going on for one little morning! :-)

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Mamou and Eunice

It's so hard to know how to divide your time between the two! I'll try to help.

Fred's is smoky, so for me that means I just don't go there anymore. But I do have some great musician friends who go so I can attest to the quality of the music. The experience is atmospheric for sure.

It's a one-hour drive and not tricky at all. There are two or three ways to go, none too difficult. Mamou to Eunice is about 20 minutes, yes.

The Fred's experience begins at 9 but I doubt it begins any earlier. At Savoy's (pronounced the French way, always!) ends at 12:01 at the very latest. That experience depends on who happens to be there, but in good weather the old guys show up and it's great. The opportunity for meeting folks is very high.

Hope this helps!

2. Re: Getting to Mamou and Eunice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:39 am, April 11, 2013