We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

Which Paducah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Far North Coast NSW...
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

I've just been given time off from work that coincides with Quilt Week but cannot find accommodation in central Paducah. As I'll be visiting from Australia (no car!) I want to be walking distance (or an easy bus ride) from all the activities. If I can find somewhere to stay, I'll probably arrive around 22 April and leave around 28 April 2013. Any suggestions? Thanks!

17 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,097 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

Good luck! We drive through the area every year and unfortunately our vacation coincides with that convention. We've had to abandon Paducah as a stop and ended up in Evansville, IN instead. I'd say keep checking any hotels in Paducah and be happy if you can find anything, unfortunately. We did stay at Metropolis, IL one year. It's across the river and doesn't have much to offer, but it's a possibility for you.

Far North Coast NSW...
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

Your advice is much appreciated! I've been checking each day in case someone else cancels and a room becomes available. Starting to think I should book for 2014 and give up on Paducah for this year. Cheers!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,097 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

Why not try both? Just don't buy your tickets until you find lodging. Have you tried contacting other quilters to see if they have suggestions?

Paducah, Kentucky
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

We are not a bed and breakfast but have a large 132 year old home that has 2 bedrooms 1 king, 1 full size. There is also a futon in the living room. Living room. Dining room. Kitchenette, Large full size bath/shower. With full size refrigerator. Dishes, Coffee maker,, microwave, Cable TV. all upstairs and private. 5 blocks from Museum. Plenty of parking. We are including a choice of continental or full breakfast. We would like to rent to same people for the whole week. There are several choices for lunch and dinner within walking distance. email us at neal8282@gmailcom. Number of people and length of stay would determine price.

Paducah, Kentucky
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

that email is neal8282@gmail.com. sorry. and it is the second story of our private home. I don't think I made that clear. Sorry. Very close, very private and very comfortable.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,097 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

Gail A, I am taking the liberty of copy/pasting your posts and forwarding them as a Private Message to the original poster. I'm afraid that your posts may violate TA's policies. I'm NOT going to report this as I truly believe that you have the best interests of Keriblu at heart, but someone else may come along and report it as inappropriate. If so, your posts may disappear very quickly. You could also contact them privately.

Paducah, Kentucky
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

thank you but what did I do? and how do I private message?

Edited: 4:43 pm, January 22, 2013
Far North Coast NSW...
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

Thanks Gail and Frozen Tundra. Appreciate that you both have individually tried to be helpful! I have finally made the decision that I will miss Paducah this year and plan well in advance for next year. I'm a member of AQS so will book accommodation super-early and then be able to register for Quilt Week activities in advance of the "regular" registration date. Thanks Gail for your post - and to Frozen Tundra for your interest and suggestions plus letting me know by private message about the posts as TA didn't advise me although I'm sure I ticked the "get notified" box!!!!

Cheers from Australia where it is very hot and very muggy today!

Far North Coast NSW...
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

Gail, to send a private message. click on the name under the profile photo on the left. When the profile page opens, you should see a message box in green somewhere down the left side. Hit the envelope and a new private message opens. Cheers!

Paducah, Kentucky
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required

got it... did it. thx

Reply to: Quilt Week Paducah 2013 - Accommodation required
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paducah