We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports bars in Louisville

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Sports bars in Louisville

What is your recommendation for watching a football game in Louisville? (on the east side) Some place to get a few beers and maybe some appetizers or something? I just moved here a month ago and still don't know the area too well...so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Louisville
Louisville
Kentucky
Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports bars in Louisville

My favorite is Beef O'Brady's off Westport Road. The food is good and the place is smoke free. I won't recommend any other ones until they all go smoke free in July.

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports bars in Louisville

Julie,

There are several options. What type of crowd and/or age range would you prefer?

Louisville
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports bars in Louisville

Check the bar guide at www.velocityweekly.com

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports bars in Louisville

Seagrover-

My boyfriend and I just moved here from Scottsdale, AZ, so we got pretty spoiled and had a lot at our fingertips. :) We are kind of looking for a younger crowd, but not real rowdy or college age. We are both in our mid twenties, but have both graduated college, and have outgrown that wild scene. Some place with good tvs, decent food, and beer. That help?

Mentioned in this post
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports bars in Louisville

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports bars in Louisville

OK. Here are a few ideas............

Buffalo Wild Wings (3900 Shelbyville Road in St. Matthews) is always popular. However, depending upon the game, it can get crowded. The crowd is everything from 20's to 40's. Of course their thing is wings, but all the food is pretty good. There are TV's everywhere, but I can't recall there being a big screen -- unless it's in that back area.

The Frankfort Ave. Beer Depot (3204 Frankfort Ave. in St. Matthews) is a good "off the beaten path" place. (At least one big screen TV) The crowd will be a very random mix of hipsters and old regulars. The food is BBQ ribs and the like. If you go, check out the back patio complete with putt-putt course and ping pong. It's beer only. It's also cheap. If you want a cocktail, you just walk next door to Patricks.

Shenanigan’s (1611 Norris Place in the Highlands) has a more neighborhood bar sort of feel. They have burgers, pub grub and usually a daily special like pot roast or some such. (Big screen TV)

ZA’s Pizza Pub at (1573 Bardstown Road in the Highlands) would also be a good option. Good pizza. (Big screen TV)

Dundee Tavern and Grill (2224 Dundee Blvd. at Douglas Loop in the Highlands ) Also has a neighborhood feel. Pretty decent food and a pool table. (Big screen TV)

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Frankfort
Frankfort
Kentucky
Highlands
Highlands
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Bardstown
Bardstown
Kentucky
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports bars in Louisville

Yes, it does help. Thank you! We will check some of these places out. All sound like great finds! Thanks Again!!

8. Re: Sports bars in Louisville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 25, 2009