We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Inn Downtown

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Residence Inn Downtown

Would someone give me an opinion of this hotel, I would like to come in October? How is the weather? Do I need a car to get around? Does the city offer tours with a brief history?

Thanks

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence Inn Downtown

October is a great time to visit. Do check a site like weather.com before packing, however, because it can be unpredictable. The Residence Inn is rather new and I personally don't know anyone who has stayed here. However, there are 2 really bad reviews on Expedia.com and one bad one here. The other is pretty good. You can take a cab to downtown from the airport. I don't know your budget, but if I were traveling alone I would bid on a downtown hotel on priceline for a 4 star hotel. Bid around 70. There are many tours around here, here's a helpful website:

http://www.louisvilletours.net/

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence Inn Downtown

I've been in there several times. It seems very nice but it is brand new and they've been getting the kinks out. Very attentive staff from all of my experiences.

3. Re: Residence Inn Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 21, 2009