We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2015 Derby Hotel Rooms

Which Louisville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scituate, Mass
Level Contributor
97 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
2015 Derby Hotel Rooms

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some info about how to get a decent hotel room in Louisville or near Churchill Downs for the 2015 Derby. It seems to be nearly impossible.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
168 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2015 Derby Hotel Rooms

I'm not sure how far in advance hotels book, but I do know you'll pay an arm and a leg almost anywhere in Louisville that weekend.

No different than NYC on New Year's Eve, Boston during the Marathon, etc.

Hotels go up because they know people will pay.

You could maybe stay across the river in Jeffersonville (Indiana) or head south on I-65 to Shepherdsville, Brooks and Elizabethtown if you don't mind Derby Day traffic.

I don't think there are any "hidden gems" or secrets when it comes to Derby Weekend. Almost every hotel is thinking the same: Jack It Up!

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2015 Derby Hotel Rooms

There are cheaper and newer hotels in the east of Louisville...Hurstbourne Ln, Blankenbaker Ln. Many people bring a group and rent homes. There are few cheap alternatives except for RVs and camping! Please don't book in Indiana. They are building bridges and tearing up ramps and it is terrible trying to cross the bridge at ANY time!

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
20 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2015 Derby Hotel Rooms

Hello! We just got back from the Derby. We stayed at the Red Roof Inn SE fairgrounds. It was about 5 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from Churchill Downs. Clean, nice rooms. I booked my room about 8 months in advance. Try booking now! We paid 632 bucks total for 3 nights. Steep...but we expected it. Good luck!

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
20 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2015 Derby Hotel Rooms

Sometimes it's listed under Red roof inn fair and expo. It's the one at 3222 Red roof inn place...hope that helps!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
283 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2015 Derby Hotel Rooms

We just returned from the Derby and stayed at the Comfort Inn. We booked once we purchase our tickets in November. We booked three nights for a total of about $1200. Hotel was perfect! Never used our car once we walked for dinner and used a shuttle service for the Derby.

6. Re: 2015 Derby Hotel Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 10, 2015