We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good guided distillery tour?

Which Louisville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Good guided distillery tour?

Hello,

Wife and I are spending the weekend in Louisville next weekend and are wanting to see one of the big distillerys (hear Maker's Mark is good). We are staying downtown at the Brown Hotel and are looking to do a tour on Saturday afternoon. I don't want to be drinking Bourbon and driving...does anyone recommend a good tour company, or should I just get a cab to take me to the distillery?

thanks in advance

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
225 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good guided distillery tour?

Mint Julip Tours gets great reviews.

check out Evan Williams Bourbon Experience.

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good guided distillery tour?

Maker's Mark is very good....:-) Makers Mark is in Loretto, KY, so The Evan Williams tour would be your best bet for Louisville. It is the 1st stop on the Bourbon Trail. Evan Williams is an excellent bourbon also.

Check out: http://kybourbontrail.com/ for more information on the Bourbon Trail and distilleries in KY.

I have not been on the Evan Williams Tour, but have done the Buffalo Trace Distillery Tour and it was a really nice tour. That's located in Frankfort, KY.

A really good and affordable bourbon is "Very Old Barton" and they have a free tour at their distillery in Bardstown, Ky., which is a really lovely older town. Pick up a bottle of VOB before you leave Ky, as it can be very difficult to find once your out of state.

Have a great time and enjoy our Bourbon!

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good guided distillery tour?

There is a customized short bus called Tha Bus Shizzle and I believe the website is www.busshizzle.com.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,097 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good guided distillery tour?

I'd forget the above poster, odd how his business is also his screen name...anyway, when we did the tours, the samples were quite small. It should be very easy to just enjoy the tours, the samples and make purchases for later. Maker's Mark is unique, and highly recommended.We did that one several years ago.

We also enjoyed Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reserve last year. Many of the distilleries are spread out so it can be challenging to arrange a schedule for more than two in a day. We just drove ourselves, stayed at the DoubleTree in Lexington.

5. Re: Good guided distillery tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2015