We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
277 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

My friends and I are considering holding a Bachelorette Party in Louisville. There will probably be about 8 of us; we'll want to do dinner at a nice restaurant, dinner priced anywhere from $20-$40 a person, that includes a drink or two per person, not including tip. Then we'd like to bar hop in a section of town that has bars a walkable distance from one another. I've heard of Fourth Street Live, which sounded good. Is there anywhere else we should check out? We are not a group who is going to dance on bars and go crazy; just looking for a good time out with friends. Any suggestions are welcome!

Also, if you have any hotel recommendations that'd be great as well. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Louisville
Louisville
Kentucky
Stout Burgers and Beers
$$ - $$$, American, Bar, Gastropub
Flanagan's Ale House
$$ - $$$, American, Irish, Bar
Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

I would suggest using Priceline to bid on your rooms. 3 1/2 stars downtown $50 per night. Then, take a taxi to Bardstown Rd and eat at one of many great restaurats there and bar hop. Seagrover has done a lot of posting about this, please refer to some of her posts!! Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Bardstown
Bardstown
Kentucky
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
277 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

Thank you very much for the advice! Really appreciate it! :)

Level Contributor
417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

eat on bardstown rd and do the bambi walk also on bardstown rd

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

If the bachelorette party is during warmer months, I'd suggest Avalon Restaurant. Request a table on the patio when you make your reservation. The price range is in the ballpark & the location in the heart of Bardstown Road would be a good starting point.

http://www.avalonfresh.com/

When you're done with dinner, head North. There are tons of boutiques, coffee shops, pubs & cafes along your way. Stop anywhere that looks interesting to you. I'd try to make the final destination the corner of Christy & Baxter Ave (about a half mile or so from Avalon). You'll be right in the middle of Molly Malones, Outlook Inn, Flanigan's and O'Shea's to name a few. Google for more info on the individual bars.

Mentioned in this post
Avalon
Avalon
Cape May County, NJ
Bardstown
Bardstown
Kentucky
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
277 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

Thank you all so much for the advice!! Truly appreciate it! :)

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

Not sure if your bachelorette party has passed yet or not, but...

I'm a Casting Producer with Leftfield Pictures, a TV Production company in New York City. We're the producers of compelling programming; History Channel's "Pawn Stars" and "American Restoration" and Science Channel's "Oddities". I wanted to see if a group of you would be interested in being a part of our show. We are in the process of filming a new series centered around a gun range near Louisville, KY and are looking for an interesting group of you to come and visit the gun range. An ideal group is looking to have some fun and bust some guns!!!

Mentioned in this post
Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

Sarah,

I have been to that gun range (I'm guessing you're looking a Knob Creek). Let me know and I can round up a bunch of very fun people.

Seagrover

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

I'm bringing a group of 7 "40-sumthin" women to Louisville this weekend. We all went to college together but live in various cities now. We're past our bachelorette days, but we're still fun & we'd bust some guns!!

Mentioned in this post
Louisville
Louisville
Kentucky
9. Re: Bar Hopping for Bachelorette Party; Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 21, 2013