We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals

Which Louisville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, PA
7 posts
Save Topic
Car Rentals

Ok, getting good info on hotels in the area. Thanks. Now my next effort is to find a reasonable car rental. We are flying into SDF and I know there are plenty of agencies there. We will also be able to get a shuttle to our hotel from the airport. I was wondering if renting a car off that site would be a good idea, hoping that they would deliver the car to the hotel. I know some agencies in my hometown do that. So I thought this would be a possibility. By the way, we have been visiting Louisville for a special event every other year since 1988. I have to tell you that I love your city, people are so darn nice and helpful, not just at the hotels either. This will be our last year to visit, and Im going to miss going the place.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
484 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals

Some rental companies will pick you up as long as you're within their radius but it would limit you to certain companies therefore limiting you getting a good deal. Also, some hotel airport shuttles only run every hour and some are not even 24 hours so you must also be flexible with that. I think it would be easier to just rent from the airport (which can be better in price anyway) that way you don't have to stick to anyones schedule or rules. If you belong to AAA, call them and let them check all companies to get you the best deal, they often have coupons as well.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals

Not sure when you're coming here, but in terminal agencies such as Budget and Alamo have cars from $17-57 a day, depending on size. Hertz is a little more expensive, but often with AAA, as mentioned, or with certain FF programs you can get deals or triple points. I agree that's it's best to get your car there. I had a very bad experience with the Executive Inn's shuttle service. Though they are just minutes from the airport, we waited a half hour for the shuttle standing outside on concrete in an exposed area- not good for our elderly parents. As you know, our airport is in the middle of town and right on I-65 and the Watterson Expressway, so getting to your hotel will be easy. Glad you like our city!