We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Farm Tours

Phoenix
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Horse Farm Tours

Sooo many years ago as a young person our family toured Calument Farms are their any such tours available today of this farm or any other thorogbred farms??

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
367 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Farm Tours

There are many farms that offer tours. The best way to get access to them is through a horse farm tour company. There are several in the area (btw-Lexington, not Louisville, is where the vast majority of the horse farms are). I think visitlex.com has a listing of the different companies.

Iowa
Level Contributor
126 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Farm Tours

We are in the process of planning our trip to Lexington for the first week in June. We also are interested in touring horse farms. We've set up a tour with Three Chimney Farms by going through their website. Then we've set up a tour with a private guide that will take us to Claiborne Farms. We've decided on Lexington Private Tours. The website is lexingtonprivatetours.com. John is taking us to Claiborne Farms for a tour and also driving us by and maybe through some other farms. We've yet to find a a way to get into Calumet. If anyone has any ideas, we'd be grateful to hear from you.

misplaced123
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Farm Tours

I am planning to visit Kentucky horse country during the last week of July 2009.

I appreciated your information re:3 chimney's farm as well as private guide info.

My question...were you able to tour the famous "Calumet Farm"Calumet had a very famous horse trainer named "Jimmy Jones"."Jimmy" was a social friend with my now deceased in-laws...when Jimmy retired, he returned to the small town he grew up in the state of Missouri.He was modest...he was to horse training as "Man"O War" was to racing.

Calumet almost went under due to financial "mischief"...maybe this plays a role in not participating in tours...the liability insurance must be enormous!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Farm Tours

Unfortunatly, visitors are not allowed onto Calumet. The Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau website has a lists of different ways to get on a horse farm: http://www.visitlex.com/idea/horse-farms.php

Enjoy your visit to Lexington!

5. Re: Horse Farm Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Louisville