We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaraunts near the Hyatt downtown

Which Louisville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
n77
n77
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
restaraunts near the Hyatt downtown

Any recommendations for breakfast and dinner near the downtown Hyatt (walking distance)?

Louisville
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaraunts near the Hyatt downtown

Fourth Street live is within walking distance. It has several restaurants and bars. The front desk at the Hyatt can help you will directions. There is a Maker's Mark, Sully's, Red Star Tavern, Lucky Strike (bowling alley and eatery).

There is an eatery in the Marriott (both a sports bar and an restaurant).

Short cab ride (Morton's Steak house, Tumbleweed-Tex mex, it is on the river, food is so so but the view is nice)

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: restaraunts near the Hyatt downtown

For breakfast, try........

J. Graham's, the more casual restaurant in The Brown Hotel has a breakfast buffet seven days a week. I believe you can also order a la carte. Fourth & Broadway.

If you are in town on Sunday, I recommend the Sunday brunch buffet at The Oakroom in The Seelbach Hotel

seelbachhilton.com/hoteldining_theoakroom_su…

I have also heard really good things about the breakfast at BLU (located in The Marriott Hotel on Third & Jefferson) Here's the site, unfortunately no breakfast menu http://www.blugrille.com/

A little too far to walk, but worth the trip.......

Melillo's has a great Saturday brunch. The egg's benedict comes with four eggs. The egg sandwich is seven inches long!! Go hungry. Located at 829 E. Market

http://www.melillos.com/restaurant.html

Toast is located across the street from Melillo's and also does a really good breakfast. It is usually VERY crowded on the weekends.

www.toastonmarket.com/breakfast_menu.html

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaraunts near the Hyatt downtown

Good breakfast pics. I wouldn't bother with Tumbleweed, it's only one notch up from Taco Bell. The restaurant in 21C hotel, Proof on Main is very good if you want upscale. You can take the trolley to Melillo's for good, family Italian fare. I've sent several TA members there and they've enjoyed it. Jarfi's Bistro at the Center for the Arts is good and rather close. Any of the great restaurants on Bardstown Rd (Seviche, Jack Fry's , Palermo Viejo, etc) are a very short cab ride away, as is North End Cafe (great breakfast) and LandN wine Bistro (yummy dinners). I'm talking less than two miles, no big deal.

4. Re: restaraunts near the Hyatt downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 02, 2009