We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mega Cavern, Lights Under Louisville

United States
Level Contributor
578 posts
107 reviews
Mega Cavern, Lights Under Louisville

Looking for ideas on best time to go to avoid the long lines. I will be in Louisville on a Saturday and Sunday, Nov 18 and 19. I would prefer to go on Sunday as Saturday we'll be just getting there from a 6-hour road trip and don't think we would want to sit in a car longer. Plus, I'm hoping Sunday will be less busy.

Is the VIP pass worth it? It's $41 versus $27, and you have to buy it ahead by noon the day of and it's only good for the scheduled day, but it does allow you to skip the line. 48-hour cancellation.

http://lightsunderlouisville.com/#/

3 replies to this topic
Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
300 reviews
1. Re: Mega Cavern, Lights Under Louisville

I wouldnt pay that much for it! The line moves slowly and steadily, take some snacks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Mega Cavern, Lights Under Louisville

We just did it last night and we really enjoyed it. We got there about a half hour before it opened, listened to Christmas music in the car for a while and then went right on through. I wouldn't do the VIP but if you google the website there is a $5 coupon that can be printed out. However, we were already in line when I found it and they honored the discount by just showing it to them on my phone.

United States
Level Contributor
578 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Mega Cavern, Lights Under Louisville

I went tonight at 5:15 just after leaving Speed Art. No line at all. I had the $5 coupon printed. Our windows fogged up and the defogger didn't do much so we went through with windows down. I was happy to stop smelling exhaust after it was over. I was a bit underwhelmed with the experience. But at least it was only $22 and no wait. The lights in the park in New Orleans were much more sophisticated. It seems like they could do more with this.

Reply to: Mega Cavern, Lights Under Louisville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted