We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day lay over - Louisville North or East better?

Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1 day lay over - Louisville North or East better?

Hi,

My family and I are driving down from IL to the Smoky Mountains in TN. My son is almost 2 and the 8hr+ trip would be too much for him so we are planning to stop in Louisville and pick up the remainder of the trip the next day.

I have narrowed my hotels down to the Drury Inn (we stay at this chain multiple times and love it), there is one in Louisville North & East, is one location better than the other?

Hope to at least see one or two attractions while we are there. Any recommendations for us? Since we have a toddler unless the museum is a children museum that wont be much fun for him :) So thinking parks or places for him to run around before we have to continue to road trip.

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
309 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day lay over - Louisville North or East better?

Since you will be heading out of town on I-64, Drury East will be more convenient. The other location is not on your way. There are lots of restaurants in that area Drury East as well.

Historic Corydon...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day lay over - Louisville North or East better?

There aren't any tourist attractions in the area of that hotel but you could make a detour to the Louisville Zoo on your way to the hotel.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day lay over - Louisville North or East better?

Are you coming soon? The Zoo has a wonderful Halloween party every weekend.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day lay over - Louisville North or East better?

Best to stay where rush hour traffic will not be an issue.

I like to stay off of I-265 at the Brownsboro or Westport road area. There are a couple of malls with hotels in the vicinity....Courtyard Marriott Louisville Northeast

Hilton Garden Inn Northeast

Hampton Inn Northeast

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day lay over - Louisville North or East better?

The Courtyard Louisville Northeast is located in a mall complex and is close to E P Sawyer State Park on Freys Road.

I know nothing about the park though.

Reply to: 1 day lay over - Louisville North or East better?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted