We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senior Olympics in Late June

Marriottsville...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Senior Olympics in Late June

I am visiting Louisville in late June as a spectator for the Senior Olympics. Many of the events are in the Cherokee Park area near I-64. Can you recommend any hotels which are nearby in short driving distance? Also, any recommendations for activities for a family with two children in their late teens.

Thanks.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Senior Olympics in Late June

The park is in a nice residential area of Louisville. I hope they do a good job posting directional signs, because you can get majorly lost and turned around there. A good deal of Cherokee Park is covered by a 3 mile, one-way loop which is half for pedestrians. You will probably park off Lexington Road at the entrance....right now, they are redoing that whole area, let's hope it's finished. Any downtown hotel will be a 10 min commute except at rush hours. The Breckinridge Inn would be fairly close as well as the Extended Stay and Baymont Suites on Dutchman's Lane. Another safe bet would be the Ramada Downtown North, which is on River Road and Zorn Ave. I would not recommend that you stay at a hotel off 64 in the Hurstbourne Lane area. The traffic out there is a nightmare all the time.

Louisville, KY
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Senior Olympics in Late June

If you are anywhere near Cherokee Park with kids in their late teens, you will have to start walking down Bardstown Road. Lots of small stores, coffee shops, ice cream places, restaurants, and generally hip stuff.

3. Re: Senior Olympics in Late June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 28, 2009