We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Derby Day - Keeneland

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Derby Day - Keeneland

My hubby & I will be in Lexington with our daughter & one of her college friends (the girls are 21) over Derby weekend. We were thinking about going to Keeneland to watch the Derby, I see that there are many options different floors, rooms, as well as the Derby bash in the barn. We'd love some advice! Which area is the most fun? Is tailgating the thing to do? Or is one of the rooms/parties the way to go? Also, do people dress up (dresses? hats? suits/ties?) or is it t-shirts & jeans?

Thanks!

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Derby Day - Keeneland

The derby is great at Keeneland, but be prepared for a huge crowd (if the weather is good). I f you get there early enough (noonish), you can get a table in the paddock or up in the grandstand backside. There are TV monitors everywhere. If you want to make sure you have a table, reserve one in the Equestrian Room.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Derby Day - Keeneland

Thanks for your reply! We're keeping our fingers crossed for good weather. We're planning on reserving a table, just not sure which room (does it really matter?). The barn sounding interesting, I think they have a band as well. I may just let the girls decide where they want to go.

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Derby Day - Keeneland

Here you go:: http://www.keeneland.com/racing/derby-day

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Derby Day - Keeneland

The crowds are friendly and relaxed as there is no live racing in May. It's a good spot!

5. Re: Derby Day - Keeneland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 20, 2015