We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Courses in June

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Courses in June

Hello,

The Riviera Owners Association is having the Annual Meet in Lexington this year. Can anyone recommend some moderately priced golf courses in the area?

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Courses in June

Lexington has some excellent public courses that are cheap to play. Kearney Hills and Lakeside are the best. Just need to get tee times several days in advance.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Courses in June

Thank you for the insight.

I'll get that in the works ASAP.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Courses in June

This "Idea guide" can help: http://www.visitlex.com/idea/golf.php. If you need any help planning your meeting, let us know at 859-233-1221!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Courses in June

Always a good sign to see the CVB keeping watch!

I'm just a member or ROA but I will be sure to pass your number along to the Planning People.

Thanks for the link. See you in June!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Courses in June

You're welcome! Have a wonderful trip in Lexington!

Louisville, KY.
Level Contributor
33 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Courses in June

If you get tired of the Lexington Courses you have to try out some of the Public courses in Louisville they are also very nice. If you can find a way in there is Valhalla where some big time golf tournaments have been held.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Courses in June

Who hasn't heard of Valhalla?!!! Sweet!

How far is Louisville from Lexington .. timewise?

It's a 4 day event but I'm really open to some great golf venues.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf Courses in June

I forgot Valhalla was in Louisville. I'm glad someone posted this, we're wondering the same thing for April. Is Valhalla one of those courses that are almost impossible for the mediocre (me) to average (hubby) golfer to play?

We've played in Kohler, WI, site of LPGA, PGA and senior PGA events. Whistling straits is hard to WALK, let alone play. But Black Wolf Run can be enjoyed by even a golfer like me.

Never mind...didn't realize it's members only or with a guest. It might be worth just stopping at.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf Courses in June

Please let me know where you golf in the area. I'm always interested in new places to golf.

10. Re: Golf Courses in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 05, 2014