We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BreyerFest at the Horse Park 7/20-21

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,095 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
BreyerFest at the Horse Park 7/20-21

Dates are 7/20-21. Lots of horse demonstrations plus the opportunity to buy your very own plastic pony. Join the 25,000 of us who still play with little plastic horsies. It's a fun time.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BreyerFest at the Horse Park 7/20-21

I went to Breyerfest for the first time this past weekend. I am a guy in my 50's who loves Kentucky and horses, but doesn't care at all for Breyer models. My wife feels the same way about Breyer horses. Nevertheless, we still had a great time attending the entertainment all day Saturday in the Kentucky Horse Park covered arena. Basically, the entertainment was non-stop from 9:30 to 5:00. There were two jousting demonstrations, two acts by noted equine performer Tommie Turvey (who also performed yet another act on Monday at the Horse Park's Horses of the World show), two acts by Sylvia Zerbini (whom we had seen at a Ringling Brothers show a few years back), and a never-ending parade of live horses. In addition, over at the Horse Park's Horses of the World show, they had Clay Maier's friesians and a bunch of carriages from Indiana as special guests during the weekend. I have been going to the Horse Park since 1997, and this past weekend had to be the most outstanding weekend ever there.

I think that Breyer has really fooled a lot of people into thinking that you have to be a little girl who loves horse models in order to want to go to Breyerfest. The truth is that if you love the real creatures who were made by God you can have a wonderful time at Breyerfest even if the plastic representations leave you cold.

Edited: 5:28 pm, July 24, 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BreyerFest at the Horse Park 7/20-21

Thanks for sharing, GoPenguins!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BreyerFest at the Horse Park 7/20-21

Actually, I should have mentioned that the jousting act at Breyerfest was not some fly by night deal. It was made up of several stars from Full Metal Jousting, a program that has been on during the past couple of years on the History Channel. It is clear that Breyer spent a huge pile of money putting together the entertainment, and the cost of an adult ticket for one day was only $20 per person, which also got you into most regular things at the Kentucky Horse Park. One exception was the horse drawn tour, which cost $2.00 extra.

4. Re: BreyerFest at the Horse Park 7/20-21

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 18, 2013