We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chuy's

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Chuy's

I've had two separate people tell me recently that this new Mexican restaurant on Nicholasville Road is very good.

I haven't been yet.

Have you? Your thoughts?

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chuy's

I've only been once. I thought it was fine but nothing spectacular. I personally prefer the local authentic Mexican restaurants to this chain. I'll try it one more time since so many people seem to like it. Maybe I just ordered poorly the first time.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chuy's

>>I personally prefer the local authentic Mexican restaurants to this chain.<<

Which ones?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chuy's

Food is good, but service is not. Kind of odd. I think the place is chaotic, but creative at the same time.

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chuy's

I like Jalepeno's, Durango's, Rincon and the one at the corner of Lansdowne

Dr and Reynolds (I can't remember it's name).

Level Contributor
46 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chuy's

I've been referred to Chuy's by multiple people as well - so I'm excited to go. I went to the Local Taco on South Limestone a while back and thought it was good.

On another note - does anyone know what is going in to the old Annabelle's/Mia's location on the corner of Short and Limestone? I'm dying to know.

And one last note. A new upscale bar opened next to Dudley's on Short a few weeks ago called Parlay Social (I think is the name). It is great! There's no big sign or anything to indicate that is the name of the place (I think they're waiting on awnings or something) but just thought I'd share!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chuy's

good to know, Whipporwill

Nicholasville, Ky
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chuy's

We tried it a week ago. We like it but I have to agree that I prefer the local authentic Mexican restaurants also. To me it is sort of like Abuelo's.

Toledo, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Toledo
Level Contributor
304 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chuy's

Looks like this the same Chuys from Austin, Texas. I've been there before. it's pretty good. The restaurant I went to was Elvis themed, pretty packed on the night I went to. Their website is http://www.chuys.com

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chuy's

I've been there twice and loved it both times.

I like the atmosphere and the decor. Very eclectic.

The food we had was great too. The first time we went it happened to be during happy hour and they had a free nacho bar in the trunk of a car no less, set up in the bar. It was great.

We also had excellent service on both trips.

10. Re: Chuy's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, June 20, 2013