We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tailgating for UK/AU game

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
tailgating for UK/AU game

After doing about as good a job researching as I could, this is what I found out about tailgating in Lexington for the most part. There are reserved lots where you need a pass, there are church/business lots who charge 20-30 bucks for parking, and there is very limited free parking around the campus where people have room to set up (this wont be an option for us since we wont arrive until Sat morning and I assume these will be taken by then). Someone correct me if Im wrong.

For the pay lots around campus, are you given enough room to set up a tent and have some room? Or are all the cars eventually crammed in there which doesn't allow much of a tailgating atmosphere? Basically I need suggestions for a good place to set up so we can all tailgate and have a good time, even though we will be arriving on game day. We don't mind spending a little money if necessary. Thanks in advance!

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tailgating for UK/AU game

You are for the most part correct. The tailgating set up at UK is more like an NFL setup than the other SEC schools. There are churches and businesses on Nicholasville Road that charge between 10-30 dollars to park, but you do have room to spread out. At this point we know the game will not be until late afternoon or evening, you won't have any trouble getting a spot in the morning.

I usually suggest parking at the church on Forest Park, just off of Nicholasville Road, right across from Commonwealth. If you come in Nicholasville Rd., you will see people in the right lanes turning into the stadium lots. Stay in the left lane. You will see the Delta Tau Delta fraternity house on the left (where we tailgate-reserved only. Make the next left on Forest Park/Audubon/ The church will be right in front of you. They take donations rather than a set fee, so you can pay what you want.

Save Reply
2. Re: tailgating for UK/AU game

Thanks for the reply. Should be very helpful. Just feels a little dirty throwing down a case or two in a church parking lot. :-) But hey, when in Rome...

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tailgating for UK/AU game

No problem there. They don't care. They will even let you use their restrooms.

Its going to be a huge weekend in Lex, with the game, 30,000.00 people at Keeneland, and 60,000 people at the World Equestrian games. Please take it easy on us.

Save Reply
4. Re: tailgating for UK/AU game

Should be a great game! Im looking forward to the weekend. Never been there before so we will make the most of it. If anyone has any other suggestions or just random tips for game day up there, let me know. Thanks!

5. Re: tailgating for UK/AU game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, April 04, 2011