We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Place for football game

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt Place for football game

If we are staying at the Hyatt Place what would be the best way to get to the game. Does the shuttle run out there or where would be the best place to park. Never been to Commonwealth so any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are coming in for the Florida game in a couple of weeks from Indiana. Thanks

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Place for football game

The Hyatt Place is located at Hamburg Pavillion, a large shopping area at the intersection of I-75/64 and Man O War Blvd. It is quite a distance from Commonwealth, and there is no shuttle service. The shuttle only runs from downtown to the stadium and back.

There is no general parking in the lots around the stadium. All of that is reserved parking. That being said, there is a lot of parking available outside of those reserved lots. To go straight from Hamburg to campus would entail going through downtown. There is currently a lot of construction downtown, and several major arteries are closed to through traffic. Game day traffic in Lexington is always hideous, and it will be even worse given the road closures.

Some of the best parking is located at businesses and church lots on Nicholasville Road. To get to that area and avoid going through downtown, I would suggest the following:

GO left on Man O War coming out of your hotel. Take a right at the large intersection with Richmond Road. Continue on Richmond Road for about a mile and a half until you run into the inner loop, New Circle Road. Take the ramp going west (left) onto New Circle. Get off of New Circle to the right at Nicholasville Road (third exit). Head towards campus on Nicholasville Rd. As you approach the stadium, you will see parking everywhere on both sides of the road in business, medical office, and church lots. Expect to pay $10.00 to $30.00, depending on how close you are to the stadium.

I would recommend that you actually go past most of that parking. Stay in the left lane. As you pass the stadium on the right, make the left at Forest Park. There will be a church straight ahead. They don't charge to park, but accept donations. We park and tailgate at the adjacent Delta Tau Delta house. While the Delt parking is reserved, we send our tailgate overflow to that church lot.

One more suggestion. Plan on being parked at least three hours before the game. I cannot overemphasize how bad the traffic can get.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Place for football game

The "UK Football Express" would be your best bet. The easiest way is to take I-75 West, get off at the next exit (110-Winchester Road) and turn left which will take you all the way downtown. There are several places to park for the shuttle downtown and on campus. Go to http://fbgameday.ukathletics.com/shuttle.html for more information.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Place for football game

Thanks for your replies but now I am second guessing myself about my hotel choice. It looks really nice with lots of places nearby but are there ANY nice hotels closer to the stadium? Any in walking distance? This hotel is not even on the shuttle route from what I can tell. I would at least like to stay somewhere that I can park my car and leave it for my stay. Any ideas? Please help-never been to Lexington. Restaurant ideas would be great too! Thanks

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Place for football game

I've never had any trouble going down Winchester Road because most people take Tates Creek Road or Alumni Drive. I always park in E-lot on the corner of Rose Street and Avenue of Champions which is free, but you have to walk a ways (maybe 2 miles). It's on this map shaded in purple in the upper left corner: uky.edu/Parking/pdf/ukpts-parking-map-evenin… It's also close to several restaurants including Qdoba, Papa Johns, Bangkok House, and within 3 blocks of many UK favorites including Pazzo's Pizza & Pub, Tolly Ho, and more.

If you want to stay closer to the shuttle, the Hyatt or the Lexington Downtown Hotel by Hilton would be your best bet. Parking is free if you're staying there. The shuttle picks up in front of the Lexington Center Shops which the Hyatt is attached to and the Hilton is across the street from.

Here is a listing of restaurants: www.visitlex.com/whattodo/restaurants.php.

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Place for football game

There is a small hotel very near the stadium at the corner of Nicholasville Rd. and Waller Avenue. I believe it is called the University Inn. Probably nothing available there. On top of people coming in for the game, that hotel is usually full of people involved with treatment at the UKMC across the street.

Another suggestion would be the Crowne Plaza Campbell House at Waller and Broadway. Definitely walkable, but a pretty good hike. There is also a place next door to the Campbell House called the Inn on Broadway. I believe it is all suites. It used to be part of the Campbell House. I know some people who stayed there last winter when we all lost power due to an ice storm. They seemed very happy with it.

If you wind up getting a room at either of these places, post back and I'll give you walking directions to Commonwealth.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Place for football game

We just stayed at Inn on Broadway due to the proximity to the stadium. It's about a 1.5 miles to Commonwealth and maybe the same to downtown Lexington. Room we had wes enormous and a suite. It's an older, small hotel, and definitely dated, but it fit our needs fine. We drove down Waller to the stadium (walk would've been faster) and it was quite entertaining since we had UF magnets on the car...hisses and boos everywhere, but all in good fun. There are few places/bars w/in walking distance to the hotel, but would suggest heading downtown Lexington.

7. Re: Hyatt Place for football game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 29, 2010