We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nicest hotel near convention center

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
364 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
nicest hotel near convention center

DH will be attending a conference at the Lexington Convention Center next year and I am trying to find a nice hotel within 3-4 blocks. I have found that the Hyatt and Radisson are both very close, but the reviews on here are less than favorable. Any suggestions? Are the reviews true?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
136 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nicest hotel near convention center

The Hyatt is actually connected with the convention center. It is currently undergoing rennovations so im not sure how it is right at the moment but surely they will be done by next year. The Hyatt is nice but I haven't actually stayed there. I work at the convention center and go to the Hyatt's lobby every now and again for drinks and the lobby is a very nice area but I can't speak for the rooms. There is a brand new hotel that just opened about a month ago on Sharkey Way..Sharkey way is right off Leestown Road which is about a mile and a half from the convention center. The hotel is a holiday inn and it's brand new. Look it up at www.holidayinn.com and look for the location on Sharkey Way. The Raddison's lobby is very nice but I have heard the rooms and the service aren't great so I can't speak much of the Raddison. Let me know if you need anymore info.

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nicest hotel near convention center

The only other thing within walking distance from LCC is the Gratz Park Inn, located on Second Street between Limestone and Upper. It is a smaller, renovated older hotel. I have not stayed there, but have been in a room. It appeared nice, with a four poster bed and antique furnishings. There is an outstanding restaurant on the premises, Jonathan at Gratz Park. The restaurant has a nice, cozy bar.

The Hyatt is advertising here that the renovations are complete. They were sorely needed.

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nicest hotel near convention center

I would recommend The Gratz Park Inn over the larger chains. It is very nice and isn't too far away. And as stated it has a fabulous restaurant on site.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
545 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nicest hotel near convention center

If you do decide to stay at the Hyatt, I can tell you that the room renovations are complete. They are updated and clean. I do not know what they plan to do in the lobby and bar area, but as another said, all the construction is to be complete by next year.

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
364 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nicest hotel near convention center

Thanks!

We would prefer the Hyatt or Radisson. Hopefully the renovations have helped the problems.

6. Re: nicest hotel near convention center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 03, 2009