We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel by bus to and from Frankfort Kentucky

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel by bus to and from Frankfort Kentucky

We hope to visit Frankfort in July 2011 but cannot find any details about how to get there except by car or air. We want to get there by bus or train from Indianapolis or Columbus Ohio. Please help!

4 replies to this topic
kentucky
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel by bus to and from Frankfort Kentucky

queenie

I am sorry to say that public transportation in KY is virtually non-existent. It is truly a shame. We do have nice new buses/trolleys for transport within Frankfort. You can take Amtrak from Indianapolis or Columbus to Cincinnati and then take a a Greyhound bus from Cincinnati to Lexington KY. Or you can take Greyhound all the way from Indianapolis to Lexington. Greyhound gives passengers traveling together a "companion fare" discount so be sure to click that if buying online or ask. The trickiest part will be getting to Frankfort from Lexington. If you stay at a Bed and Breakfast in Frankfort the owners may be willing to provide transportation (probably for a fee but you never know maybe just gas cost). Frankfort cab companies Bluegrass Cab (502) 682-3393 and Capital City Cab (502) 875-5078 offer service in the city 24 hours a day. I've been told they cost less than the Lexington cabs but you may want to compare. I checked with two hotels- Capitol Plaza and Fairfield Inn and they do not have a shuttle. I will be happy to try to answer any other questions you have re: Frankfort and KY.

Happy Travels!

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel by bus to and from Frankfort Kentucky

Commonwealth Cab has proven to be the most reliable in Frankfort. Friendly drivers, prompt service, and the most reasonably priced. 502-803-8294

Hebron, Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel by bus to and from Frankfort Kentucky

Not sure if you have made your trip or not, but Miller Transportation has bus service from Lexington to Frankfort. The link is www.millertransportation.com/services.html. Click on the "Regular Route Service" n the bottom of the left-hand column for pricing and times.

It looks like it's roughly a $27 ticket roundtrip, though I believe it depends on which days you travel.

Hope this helps.

Hebron, Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel by bus to and from Frankfort Kentucky

After looking at their website even further, it looks as though you may be able to travel through them for your entire trip. I guess Miller Trailways is the subsidiary of Miller Transportation, and they seem to offer routes from Indianapolis and Columbus.

Good luck.

Reply to: Travel by bus to and from Frankfort Kentucky
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frankfort