We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with transportation from airport

California
1 post
Save Topic
Help with transportation from airport

My daughter is visiting a friend in Fort Knox this weekend for family/friend dayand I was wondering the best way for her to get from the Louisville airport to Fort Knox? Any suggestions? Are there shuttles? A taxi makes me nervous for her to go by herself.

Thanks for your help.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
484 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with transportation from airport

There is a military reception area at the Louisville airport for soldiers and their families. Although your daughter is not family, they may still be able to help with suggestions. The airport phone # is (502) 367 4636. If she does have to take a cab, make sure you call for an estimate on the fare first. It is about 45 miles from Louisville to Ft Knox so it will be a pricey ride and I would hate for her not to be prepared. Has she considered renting a car?

michigan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with transportation from airport

hello i am going to see my husband march for same, family weekend. i was wondering how things worked out, did she take a cab? what is the best? Thank you, shannon

3. Re: Help with transportation from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 17, 2009