We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-town movie roadtrip suggestions

Which Elizabethtown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
e-town movie roadtrip suggestions

Has anyone done this b4 & have any suggestions for sites to see from the movie? Does the hotel from movie exist?

LOVE the movie "Elizabethtown" & thought a road trip there would be fun w/my girlfriends.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: e-town movie roadtrip suggestions

I haven't seen the movie in a while...but I remember when they were here shooting it cause we had all these Orlando sightings at Health Food stores, lol. Actually, most of the film was shot in other places such as the town ofVersailles KY and the hotel you see is the historic Brown Hotel in downtown Louisville, though the scene of the ballroom is a movie set.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
484 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: e-town movie roadtrip suggestions

Sounds fun. The hotel is the Brown hotel which is actually in downtown Louisville. Many scenes of the movie were shot in Louisville and Lexington but they did film a little in the town square area of Elizabethtown. Try this website-

www.touretown.com

chicago
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: e-town movie roadtrip suggestions

Thank you both for your input! I am slowly working on our plan but have decided to go the wknd of May 17, 2007. Looking fwd to this one!!!

4. Re: e-town movie roadtrip suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Elizabethtown
More Elizabethtown Topics