We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most beautiful natural area in Kentucky?

michigan
Level Contributor
420 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Most beautiful natural area in Kentucky?

Some of my family is planning to visit Cub Run cave….but I am afraid that area is very touristy?! In anyone's opinion (I realize this is extremely subjective!) what is the best/most beautiful natural area in Kentucky….a little off the beaten path with hiking/gorges/falls and beautiful natural features? Whew! Too much to ask?

Thanks for any advice/information!

Sheltowee Trace Adventure Resort - Day Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
The Corbin Arena
Arenas & Stadiums
12 replies to this topic
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Most beautiful natural area in Kentucky?

Red River Gorge is wonderful. The lodge at Natural Bridge Stage park has really good food. Miguel's Pizza is a local hippie hang out that is a must see.

We also love Cumberland Falls. Be sure to make the hike to Eagle Falls.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Most beautiful natural area in Kentucky?

I was trying to remember the name of a funky cafe I read about in other posts in Red River Gorge. Then I read the post hear about hiking and thought that the Rock House was an area to hike in! Thanks for killing two birds with one stone, got hiking info and found that restaurant name. So, Miquel's or Red River Rock House for eating? Or are they not close together?

Reply to: Most beautiful natural area in Kentucky?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted