We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ericeira to Lisbon buses

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ericeira to Lisbon buses

I'm looking for details of the express bus to/from Lisbon and Ericeira.

I've looked at the timetables on the Mafrense website, but can't see the express one! This apparently only goes a few times a day, and takes 45 minutes.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,956 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ericeira to Lisbon buses

You have to dig them out of the timetable. They aren't separately listed and the buses do not have route numbers as in London.

For example, on weekdays the 0645 from Ericeira gets to Lisbon Campo Grande at 0730 and is routed via the A21 motorway which the timetable indicates. Likewise the 0715, 0745, 0815 and 0845.

These are basically fast rush hour journeys for commuters and there is a similar pattern from Lisbon in the evenings. There is also one from Ericeira at 1740 but otherwise they don't run during the rest of the day.

mafrense.pt/XlsHtml/…BAteis.pdf weekday times

mafrense.pt/XlsHtml/ericeira-lisboa_inverno_… weekend times

Hope that helps.

Edited: 9:47 am, June 17, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ericeira to Lisbon buses

Ah I see...so the A8 and A21 numbers refer to the motorways!

Thank you so much for your reply, this is a big help.

How do you know if you're getting on the fast bus without numbers?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,956 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ericeira to Lisbon buses

A very good question! I have only ever taken the bus on that route as far as Mafra and it just said 'Ericeira' on the front. It wasn't the fast one of course.

I am sure someone could point you the right way if it doesn't have a suitable destination sign eg Lisboa via A21 on the front.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ericeira to Lisbon buses

I thought I'd give an update on buses, in case anyone's interested for the future.

The bus station at Ericeira has clearly marked stops - one stop says 'A21', so you know you're getting on the fast bus to Lisbon. This only runs at commuter times on workdays.

It's not easy to tell where the Mafrense buses are going - they don't all say on the front, so the best way is just to ask if unsure.

Thanks for your help cubsur, your info was really useful!

5. Re: Ericeira to Lisbon buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lisbon District