We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John Deere Plant Waterloo

Which Waterloo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
473 reviews
Save Topic
John Deere Plant Waterloo

Hi

My husband and I visited the John Deere pavilion and Headquarters in Moline 2 years ago but didn't have time to drive to Waterloo for a tour of the tractor assembly plant. We are coming back to Iowa in September and hubby is determined he will get to the factory this time. Can anyone tell me if factory tours are restricted to certain days or are they Monday thro Friday?

Thanks

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: John Deere Plant Waterloo

I spoke with Amy at John Deere Tractor Assembly Tour. Tours should be booked in advance by telephone. They have recently been selling out, if that is the proper term for a free tour. Amy confirmed this information from waterloocvb.org/attractions-adventures/agric… .

"John Deere Tractor Assembly Tour, 3500 E. Donald Street, Waterloo, IA, 319-292-7668

"Visit the John Deere Tractor Assembly to watch a tractor being built start to finish. Tour times are: 8 am, 10 am, & 1 pm weekdays. Children must be 13 years of age or older to go on tour. No open toed shoes, no video or still cameras, and no cell phones allowed. Reservations are required."

This may also be of interest:

"John Deere Engine Works Tour, 3801 W. Ridgeway Avenue, Waterloo, IA, 319-292-5347

"Visit the John Deere Engine Works to watch an engine being built from start to finish. Tour times are: 9:30 am, & 1:00 pm weekdays. Children must be 13 years of age or older to go on tour. No open toed shoes, no video or still cameras, and no cell phones allowed. Reservations are required."

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: John Deere Plant Waterloo

Thanks, this is great. I'll work out the exact date and give them a call to book. My husband has worked out if we do the 8am at one then we could probably make the 1pm at the other. Looks like I'll be well educated in tractor and engine assembly that day! Actually I don't mind, we spent the best part of 4 hours in John Deere headquarters on the last visit so I'm just as happy doing this kind of thing as he is. What's that saying - you can take the girl away from the farm but you can't take the farm away from the girl? That must be me :)

3. Re: John Deere Plant Waterloo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Waterloo