We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet family restaurant needed

Which Sioux City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Council Bluffs
1 post
Save Topic
Quiet family restaurant needed

I need to locate a good but quiet restaurant as the one we used to visit changed. Once a year my brother drives down from NW Iowa and I drive up from SW Iowa and we eat and visit instead of buying presents. We need a place that won't rush us out as fast a s they can. Any suggestions???

Charleston, South...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet family restaurant needed

Green Gables Restaurant at 18th and Pierce Streets in Sioux City. Good food, pleasant atmostphere, they do not hurry you.

Archie's Diner on 7th Street at Omaha Street in Sioux City. A real old-time diner! Limited menu but wonderful proprietor (Archie's widow).

Omaha
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet family restaurant needed

My wife and I eat scandinavian food in Story City, Ia.

There also is a Stone's restaurant in Marshalltown, both are under $12 a person. Stone's lemon high pie is my favorite. Story City has small town appeal. There is a ride for kids for $1. it has carved horses near the downtown. The scandinavian food is wonderful . Kumla is the speciality for Story City. Allow 30 min. to drive from Ames. Families will love Story City and it is a good meeting place.

sioux city, iowa
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet family restaurant needed

Botecelli's is a good place. Nebraska and Gordan Streets, behind Casey's. Excellent Itallian food, great service, and quiet atmosphere. We go every sunday for champagne brunch. I highly recommend it.

Omaha
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet family restaurant needed

Green Gables is wonderful...old time Sioux City still going strong! Try the Motzoball soup and Hot Fudge Sundae...wondrous!

5. Re: Quiet family restaurant needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sioux City
More Sioux City Topics