We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barrak's hotel

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Barrak's hotel

I wonder which of the 5 hotels in Ottumwa someone tried to

wax my Kama`aina BORN AND RAISED dem candidate

Barrak Obama? I AM GLAD HE IS OK.

I DOUBT I will get a response Iowa is too full

of fNg haoles. and since 2004 less than 200 forum topics etc.

I am sure glad my kinfolk left IOWA for SOUTH DAKOTA

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
506 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barrak's hotel

I'm sorry that you have such a negative opinion about Iowa, Kamaaina87. I don't know anyone in this state that wishes Barrack Obama or any other candidate harm, so I'm not sure why there's a need for you to make derogatory remarks about Iowa.

The person arrested outside the Fairfield Inn in Ottumwa for not having a drivers license and possessing a weapon was from out of state and is reportedly a native of another country. While the situation was unsettling, no attack occured. The authorities noticed an individual exhibiting suspicious behavior, asked the person to move his car and while conducting a search discovered a knife and a campaign worker's pass. It's unclear at this point just what the guy was doing, but the Secret Service and the Ottumwa police are to be congratulated for their diligence.

I hope that these facts put your mind at ease, Kamaaina87. We're all glad that nothing bad happened to Mr. Obama.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barrak's hotel

Sorry Prairiedog

I just got worked up over Obama.

My apologies to you and Iowa forum readers.

By the way IOWA is a pretty good state!

take care

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barrak's hotel

Wow, you sure are a volatile little critter, Kamaaina87. You're mad at the entire state of Iowa because someone from Cincinnati, OHIO was arrested outside of Obama's hotel? You should be thanking the Ottumwa, IOWA police department for being alert enough to keep Sen. Obama safe. I know geography can be difficult for some people, plus Iowa and Ohio (and O'ahu, for that matter) start with vowels and are four letters long. Perhaps that's the source of your confusion. But please don't be an insulting reactionary against an entire state of people. I wouldn't call all citizens of Hawaii "fNg haoles" if my candidate Sen. Clinton had a bad experience in Waikiki.

Shaka brah.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barrak's hotel

HI Utah

say if you notice I did apologize already. but thanks eh for the

neat hillary comparison. That was akamai.

take care.

from Calmer K.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
506 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barrak's hotel

I can appreciate your passion, Kamaaina87! No worries!

Prairiedog

6. Re: Barrak's hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ottumwa