We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

Jacksonville...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

Hello!

I am planning to fly from FL to Des Moine, meet a group and pick up a bike 1/2 way through Ragbrai, finish ride, then go back to Des Moine Sat evening, stay at Holiday Inn if available, fly home Sun. Sounds great right? Only part I haven't figured out is how to get from ending of ride (Davenport) back to Des Moine...any thoughts or tips?

USA
Level Contributor
7,010 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

Welcome to the forum, clc14. Are you a registered rider with credentials? If so, there may still be space with one of the Des Moines area charters: http://ragbrai.com/about/charter-services/ . In all honesty, it is pretty late in the game to be considering them.

You could also find transportation/ride share on the RAGBRAI forum: http://ragbrai.com/forums/

Jacksonville...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

Thank you...my friend has the credentials, she wants to transfer half to me(she wants to leave early)...it may be all a bit too complicated, just seeing if I could make it work.I have looked at charters some, not found one just for second half...may need to make some calls...thanks for your response. I will check out the ride share idea.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

There is also an airport in Moline(right by Davenport) which is also in the Quad Cities. I know they fly to Florida but not sure which cities.

Jacksonville...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

I'll check the flights there too..usually cheaper if round trip from one place, but always worth checking. Thanks for thinking about it and getting back to me.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
507 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

There will be a lot of people making the trip back to Des Moines, so I think odds are good that you may be able to find a ride if you can connect with some of the RAGBRAI riders from Central IA. I recommend searching the internet and making contact with bike clubs or shops in Des Moines or Ames to see if they may be able to help you find a ride.

Jacksonville...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

Great idea! Will do, thanks. have never done that ride, and will be coming a long way, so need to get ducks in a row before leaving FL...thanks again. CC

7. Re: 1/2 a Ragbrai 2011 from Des Moine, transportation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 02, 2012