We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Drake University

Iowa
Level Contributor
43 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near Drake University

Looking for inexpensive, clean and safe hotel near Drake University.

Anyone have any ideas?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
506 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Drake University

There is a Holiday Inn Express very close to the campus that should be a good option.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Drake University

agree with Prairie dog that's a really good option, you can walk otherwise you'll need to drive. Also right next door to the Drake Diner which is really good.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
130 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Drake University

Sorry for jumping in on this topic, but how's the area around there? I've been told by a few friends that live in the Des Moines area that it's not the best of areas.

I travel for work and I would prefer that location, but have been hesitant to stay.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near Drake University

kkitelin are you going to be going to Drake for work or downtown because there are other hotels in downtown. The area is fine, like any place else you need to use common sense.

midwest
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near Drake University

I am comfortable walking around the Drake area business district at night to go to the movies, restaurants etc. If you plan on going for a long jog in the neighborhood away from campus, ask your hotel for a suggested route.

6. Re: Hotels near Drake University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 22, 2012