We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Oct 21-23

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
252 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Oct 21-23

Thanks for all your help on the forums with planning my trip last weekend - we had a great time!

There was really a ton to see and do for such a small city....I was really impressed. I posted reviews for everything as I normally do, but here is the run down:

Likes: John Deere Pavalion (son thought it was awesome...really is a first rate attraction anywhere), Niabi Zoo (feeding giraffes was a highlight), Family Museum, and really liked dinner at Cafe Fresh

Just Okay: Quad City Botanical Garden, Iowa 80 Truck Stop, Cafe Indigo, Lagomarcino's

Dislikes: Woodfire Grill, Davenport Skybridge (really is a bridge to nowhere)

The hotel was surprisingly good (Isle Bettendorf for $50 per night on Priceline). We were in the North Tower (I told them on the phone that we would not be gambling.....I think they keep gamblers and smokers in the South Tower as it was all families, convention folks, and wedding parties in the North). The room was very nicely done, clean, modern, and like-new. No compliants at all :)

Anyway, thanks for your help!

1 reply
USA
Level Contributor
7,017 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Oct 21-23

Thanks for the report. Glad you had fun and that the Isle of Capri worked out well for you. You lucked out with the weather. Sorry about the Woodfire Grill, we have not eaten there and now we probably won't.

Reply to: Trip Report Oct 21-23
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Davenport