We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Notre Dame football question

Which South Bend hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
Notre Dame football question

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated--We would like to go have the Notre Dame experience--couple of questions--if we go without tickets can you get them fairly easy from scaplers? Does the price go down if you wait until after kick off? Also if you can't get a ticket does anyplace like the linebacker lounge show the game? We would like to experience the tailgate thing--we have heard no one tailgates like Notre Dame fans

ohio
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Notre Dame football question

j,

First, there are always tickets available from scalpers. I would suggest waiting until you get on campus if you want to go that route. You may want to first also check online with say stubhub, for tickets, depending on how much you want to pay. We will be going to the MSU game, and right now the cheapest ducat there is $130.00.

Last year, we bought tickets on campus 1 hour prior to the start of the Stanford game for $10.00 each!

Also, returned tickets often are available on game days at the Will Call Window at the Stadium Ticket Office. It opens 2 hours prior to kickoff, however a queue line starts forming early in the morning. I have never gone this route-too much waiting in line.

If you cannot get tickets through these routes, fans without tickets can watch the game on television at a variety of locations on campus. Telecasts of the games are available free at the Joyce Center, LaFortune Student Center and the Morris Inn, and food and beverage concessions are available at most of these locations.

Personally I like the atmosphere at the Morris Inn. The TV’s are set up in tents behind the Inn, and you can hear the roars from the stadium when ND makes a great play.

I have been to many games at both Ohio State (obviously) and Penn State, and I must say that you are correct; no one tailgates like ND Fans!

Here’s a good link for the “Notre Dame Experience”:

und.com/sports/…nd-m-footbl-wknds.html

good luck

Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Notre Dame football question

Thank you so much for your info!!!

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
905 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Notre Dame football question

Try calling the Notre Dame ticket office the week before the game to see if any tickets get returned. Call right at 8:30 each day until you get tickets. I have had good luck getting tickets this way - however I have never tried for high demand games like USC or Michigan. I like getting tickets that way so I have the ability to do what I want before the game without having to look for tickets. The few times I have bought from scalpers, I know I have paid more that I could have got tickets for, but for me and my son, we like to walk around campus, not search for tix.

4. Re: Notre Dame football question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about South Bend