We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Japanese Restsurant In Portage

Portage, Indiana
1 post
Save Topic
New Japanese Restsurant In Portage

Fuji Japanese Restaurant

5942 Us Highway 6, Portage, IN 46368

(219) 763-4131

This is the FIRST JAPANESE RESTAURANT IN PORTAGE! It is located next to Big Lots on Hwy 6. The Food is Great! The prices are very reasonable. If you love Japanese food and SUSHI you no longer have to drive all the way to Chicago for great Japanese food. Now it is right here in PORTAGE! Highly Recommended!!!

Northwest Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: New Japanese Restsurant In Portage

I called them to see what kind of "Japanese food" they offered besides sushi....not much, I found out. "Oh, this resutaurant is for the American people, you know?" is the answer I got. Turns out this place is not even run by the Japanese; it's run by Chinese people from Hong Kong. I'm disappointed.....I may still try them once, though! Thanks for your post!

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Japanese Restsurant In Portage

I have been to Fuji a few time now and it is awesome. Much better than the restaurant in Merrillville. definatley recommend to anyone. Sushi is great with very good presentation. Try it!

3. Re: New Japanese Restsurant In Portage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Portage