We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martinsville, IN

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Martinsville, IN

Why isn't Indy's Family Restaurant, located on U.S. 37 & Burton Lane, in this "tripadvisor"? How can you leave out such a great restaurant from your Restaurant selections, for the general public to know about? sks

Mentioned in this post
Indy's Family Restaurant
Indy's Family Restaurant
86 Reviews
Martinsville, IN
5 replies to this topic
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Martinsville, IN

First, welcome to TA!

Second, while it is (semi) worthwhile to note the lack of this restaurant on the TA forums, this isn't going to get it added. Also, this sort of posting is not really what the TA forums are for. The forums are really for people to ask questions about a destination or their plans and then get answers/feedback from other TA users.

TA is (almost) a 100% user driven site (re: data generation). TA employees do not monitor the forums (or about anything else), so this forum thread will *not* get the restaurant added to the TA restaurant listings. Users and/or owners are the "drivers" to getting things added (hotels, attractions, restaurants, etc.).

Unfortunately (at least partially because I don't use TA for restaurant information), I can't tell you exactly what you need to do to get this restaurant added. That said, I expect if you go the restaurant page there might be something explaining how to do it. If nothing else, you can try the Help Center Link located at the bottom of each page on TA.

Also, and I'm not making any accusation here, do be aware that if you are associated with this restaurant, there are specific guidelines related to your ability to talk about it on the forums (re: advertising, self-promotion, etc.). These guidelines, however, certainly would not prohibit you from taking actions to get the restaurant listed on TA.

Lastly, I feel obligated to point out that it *does* exist on my preferred restaurant web site (Urbanspoon) with a somewhat mixed record (~70% approval).

Hope this helps,

hlo

Edited: 11:23 am, February 16, 2012
Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,171 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Martinsville, IN

Click on "Write a Review." That will start the process to add the restaurant and allow you to post your review of the restaurant.

Bloomington, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Martinsville, IN

Indy's?? Eeewwa. I got food poisoning there one time.

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Martinsville, IN

I'll BET that Your the typical fraudulent customer that tried to get a FREE MEAL...I will contact the owner so he can sue you for your derogatory comment without proof. Ohhhh, I think your the person that runs an oil company that Indy's doesnt' do business with, eh???

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Martinsville, IN

Selene,

While I too question the credibility and lack of bias in the other post (and to be honest your posts too), at least it doesn't violate the forum guideline as your last post does.

It is probably worthwhile for you to review these guidelines, but to save you some time, here's what your post violated:

<start quote>

Non-threatening - TripAdvisor encourages active discussions in our forums, even those about controversial topics, but the forums can only flourish if all members feel welcome and safe. If you can't offer friendly advice to a fellow traveler, it may be wiser to move along to the next thread. We will not tolerate:

Multiple messages targeting any member(s) for insults, attacks, or personal comments.

Challenges to another member's right to participate on our site or llegations of fraudulent reviews or forum posts directed toward, or regarding, a specific person or property on TripAdvisor.

<end quote>

hlo

Reply to: Martinsville, IN
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Martinsville
Recent Conversations