My friend & I (both women in our 30s) are traveling to Ireland for 2 weeks in July. We want to see as much as possible. We'll be renting a car. We are flying in and out of Dublin (tickets already booked & paid for). This is the rough itinerary we have come up with so far.
Does anyone have any advice about:
(1) places we should spend or more or less time in? (note: we do want to see some of the cities, but we are from NYC so we'd rather spend less time in cities, that's just our preference)
(2) any specific recommendations for hotels, B&Bs, or hostels to stay at?
(3) anything that is not worth it or that you would recommend that we avoid?
(4) any great restaurants (cheaper ones are preferred!)
(5) any less obvious sights we should see or more obvious sights we should skip?
All recommendations are welcome!
Thank you in advance!