We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for late night food in NW Indy

Indiana
Level Contributor
250 posts
302 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for late night food in NW Indy

Lots of family converging in Carmel area for a wedding. Looking for a late night (maybe 10 pm?) dining spot the evening before. Some locals have recommended DCs, but I'm not a huge fan. So I'm looking for alternative suggestions in the Carmel/Zionsville area? I know there are lots of great options on Mass Ave, Broad Ripple, and Fountain Square, but the herd isn't up to traveling that far. Something with a bar feel would suit us just fine.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for late night food in NW Indy

Dont' have any specific ideas, but suggest you check out my go-to restaurant site, Urbanspoon.

One feature(? think that's the phrase they use) you can filter on - besides "neighborhood" which can be used to limit the geographic area - is "late night." That should limit what is displayed to those that are likely to be serving food that late. You can check out hours, reviews, thumbs up/down votes, etc. and/or filter further on: cuisine, budget, etc.

I think Urbanspoon in Indianapolis (and Indiana in general) has the critical mass of input/users necessary to make such crowd sourced sites worthwhile and at least reasonably accurate. (I've only felt I was steered wrong once in the hundreds of times I've used Urbanspoon to select a restaurant.)

There's also Yelp (which I avoid if possible for many reasons, but others swear by), Chowhound (which is more of a foodie site), and of course TA (but I don't know anyone who relies on TA as their primary restaurant source (for many reasons not the least of which is weaker filtering capabilities compared to sites that focus more on restaurants).

That's my $.02, hope it helps,

hlo

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
68 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for late night food in NW Indy

There are a couple options for late night dining in the Carmel Art and Design District - Scotty's Brewpub and a new place, The Pint Room. At the City Center in Carmel, Matt the Millers is open late, and Divvy serves until 11:00. Unfortunately, the northside crowd rolls up the sidewalks pretty early. Good luck!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for late night food in NW Indy

Here's Urbanspoon's page for Carmel:

urbanspoon.com/n/…Carmel-restaurants

If you click on "Features" you can choose Late Night you can see those that have been flagged as late night options. I think it showed 18 restaurants, sure some are fast food, but it seemed like there was a fair number that weren't.

If you click on the link to Indianapolis (near the top of the screen, part of the "breadcrumbs"), you can then check some other "Neighborhoods" in Indianapolis or the Greater Indianapolis Area. Some that are semi-close include: Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield (all under Greater Indianapolis Area) and Northeast (under just Indianapolis, wish they broke that one down more). Looking at the map that pops up on the right-hand side of the screen will allow you to see how these neighborhoods relate to Carmel/your location.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for late night food in NW Indy

Oops, I got a little bit of confusion going there and was focusing on the Carmel reference in the text of the OP and not the "NW" in the thread title.

You might not want to check all the neighborhoods I listed in my last response and add: Zionsville & Northwest to the ones to consider looking at.

hlo

5. Re: Suggestions for late night food in NW Indy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 25, 2015