We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I-70 Hotel/Motel East of Indy

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
135 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
I-70 Hotel/Motel East of Indy

Recommendations for a good hotel just east of Indianapolis on I-70.

We're heading out Friday after work on our way to visit a friend in Cleveland Clinic. Indy will put us about the half-way mark.

Prefer one that serves a breakfast at the hotel, but this is not imperative.

ALSO......Looks like the next good-sized town east of Indy is Richmond. Any places to stay between Indy & Richmond.

THANKS

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I-70 Hotel/Motel East of Indy

On my phone so this will be quick (probably more tomorrow). There's not much between Indy & Richmond that is right on I-70. Greenfield is the first option and it's fairly close (don't remember if there are any hotels at the exit) and then there is New Castle (further off the interstate & ditto about hotels).

If you're wanting to do more looking those would be the towns to look at. Mapping their hotels on TA or a booking site should show if there are any close to I-70.

That's all for now,

hlo

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
923 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I-70 Hotel/Motel East of Indy

There are about a half dozen hotels at the Greenfield (State Road 9) exit off I-70. Hampton, Holiday Inn Express, etc.

Richmond is the next option for hotels along the interstate - about 50 minutes beyond Greenfield. The Richmond hotels are at Exit 156. The state line runs through the exit - you would take US 40 West to get to all the hotels.

There are no hotels at the New Castle exit. Truck stop yes, hotel no.

Indy to Cleveland is about a 5 hour drive. Figure a little over four hours from Richmond.

If you go beyond Richmond, there are a couple of hotels at Ohio Exit 22 (Brookville), then many in the Dayton vicinity.

I can't give you any advice on which hotels are best, but have made the drive from Indy to NE Ohio dozens of times over the past 17 years.

3. Re: I-70 Hotel/Motel East of Indy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 06, 2015