We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni Severin or Hyatt Regency

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Omni Severin or Hyatt Regency

Which hotel is better for a one night stay downtown to catch a few sites and bar hop ?

Hyatt is a little cheaper. Does either include breakfast ?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,334 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni Severin or Hyatt Regency

First, welcome to the TA forums!

Second, 99.999% certain that neither includes a "free" breakfast.

Third, I have stayed at both hotels and I don't think you'll go wrong with either one of them.

Fourth, from a location standpoint, I'd rate them essentially equal. They're only about 1-3 blocks apart (depends a little on which door you use & whether/how you count half blocks), maybe a 5 minute walk from each other.

The reason I don't say *exactly* equal is if there is the chance that a specific place you'll want to go will be better served by one of them compared to the other (but as pointed out, you'd be talking about a few minutes walk). For example: if you decided Mass Ave was where you were going to spend the night, then the Hyatt does a hair better (it also does a little better for the museums/zoo). If instead you're going to catch some music at the Slippery Noodle Inn, then the Omni does a little better. (To play the broken record again, we're talking a couple of blocks/minutes difference).

If you know of anything specific you will want to see/do in downtown Indy, you might let us know and we can tell you which hotel will do "better" from a location standpoint (play that broken record again).

Beyond that, I'll point out that they are somewhat different "flavor" of hotels. The Hyatt is a more modern hotel with the fairly standard large atrium lobby you find at Hyatt Regency hotels. The Omni is more of a boutique style hotel (don't think boutique is the best description, historic is is probably better).

If none of the above (minor) difference makes up your mind for you, then I'd probably go with the Hyatt & save a few bucks (remember any price difference will be magnified a little bit by the hotel tax). Also, don't forget to include/compare parking costs if you'll have a car, could be that any difference in the cost of parking will wipe out (or increase) the difference in the room rates.

That's my $.02,

hlo

2. Re: Omni Severin or Hyatt Regency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 30, 2015