We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Sportzone on Coffman Road

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
Hotels near Sportzone on Coffman Road

Sorry to inundate the board with all my questions, but we also have had another tournament pop up at the last minute this weekend. It's at SportZone on Coffman Rd. From what I can tell this place is nowhere near Downtown or KATC, right? It's near perhaps near a Pike Township?

I'm scrambling to research right now on my own, but thought I'd ask for advice on safe hotels in this area. We probably don't have time to worry about the bed setup - just safety. I don't mind traveling 20 min or so if needed - just need some advice.

Thanks

Indiana
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Hotels near Sportzone on Coffman Road

Ok, I've found the following hotels with good/fair tripadvisor ratings at good prices...

-Residence Inn Fishers Crosspoint Blvd

-Comfort Suites NE Fishers Crosspoint Blvd

-Homewood Suites Indy KATC East 86th

-TownePlace Suites Indy Keystone Union Chapel Rd

-Springhill Suites Fishers Hague Rd

Are these all generally in good safe areas? There are others like the Drury Inn, Hampton Inn NW Park 100, Wingate by Windham that are closer but highger priced. I don't mind driving a little further, but not if the cheaper places arent' safe.

Thanks!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Hotels near Sportzone on Coffman Road

Personally, I'd just use one hotel, probably(?) stick with the Drury, as my base for everything. (I'm a little unclear if you're now looking for a *replacement* for the Drury that can serve both your venues (Sportzone & Fairgrounds) or are looking for something that you would switch to mid-trip in order to be closer to the Sportzone - while still using the Drury for the Fairgounds portion).

The Sportzone is reasonably close to an I-465 interchange, so I don't think driving to it, even from the Drury in Castleton is going to be a major hassle. You 'd be going from the NE corner of I-465 (~1 or 2 "o'clock") to the NW corner (say 10 o'clock), easy to do on I-465. Google maps put this as at around 20 miles & 25 minutes; I'd probably add a little to that (both in general and for any kind of rush hour traffic, but I think you're talking the weekend aren't you?).

Bottom Line on having multiple hotels (if that's what you're talking about): I question whether it's worth spending an hour or so packing everything up, checking out, driving to the new hotel, checking in, and getting settled in order to shave 10-15 minutes driving time (once/twice, not sure exactly how many trips you'll make?). Now if you're telling me this is going to go on for days & days and you'll be making more than a handful of trips . . . I suppose I might favor relocating.

As for the other hotels you've listed. I haven't checked them all out, but some of them aren't significantly closer to your new venue (and perhaps farther and/or longer drives). For example, I'm pretty sure I've stayed at the TownPlace Suites (at Keystone) and can't imagine the drive time (compared with the Drury) to the Sportzone would be any more than a few minutes shorter at best (and maybe even longer). Similarly, I doubt any of the "Fishers" hotels would be significantly closer either. (I'm not, by the way, weighing in on whether any of these should replace the Drury as your "hotel of choice.")

To get significantly closer to the Sportzone you should be looking at the College Park/Park 100 areas. If you can find something there, it could reduce the drive to the Sportzone to as little as a few minutes (but for many it would still be more like 10-15). I'm 99% sure there is at least 1 and maybe hotels located at the I-465/71st St. interchange, these would probably be the closest to the Sportzone. Again, if you're still talking about the Fairgrounds, I'm just not sure this saving would be enough for me to want to relocate. (On the other hand, something right at 71st & 465 might work for both, I'd want to check the drive time estimates to the Fairgrounds from there.)

Lastly, I don't want to dismiss your safety concerns, but generally speaking places in Indianapolis that have hotels aren't the areas where safety is a concern; even more so that you're not looking a bottom tier hotels. Not saying there aren't hotels/areas where safety can be an issue, it's just that they're a small minority and aren't in the areas you're considering. (At least in my opinion.)

hlo

Indiana
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Hotels near Sportzone on Coffman Road

Thank you. I'm sorry I was probably unclear: The SportZone tourney is this weekend - tonight. The Farigrounds tourney is in the middle of April, so completely different trips.

Thanks for the wakeup call about safety. Very good point.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Hotels near Sportzone on Coffman Road

Okay, now it's a little clearer (I didn't catch the fact that you're talking two distinct trips). To sum up based on my now correct understanding.

The distance/drive time to the Sportzone would be the least for hotels in the Park 100/College Park (aka The Pyramids) areas. Some of these (particularly the ones along the I-465 exits on the west side (71st St & north to 86th) would be the least, perhaps as few as a few minutes. Those "around the corner" along Michigan Road would be a little longer, but still pretty minimal. I'd say the Michigan Road area would have more eating options, shopping, etc. nearby. As mentioned in your other thread, Google streetview can give you a good idea of what is available around each hotel/area (same "stale" caveat applies). I'm just not sure what's around the 71st/I-465 interchange (I know there are hotel(s), but not sure how many, what brands and/or what else is there - I used to work in the Park 100 area, but that was ~30 years ago!)

As I suspected, all the hotels you listed in this thread are in the same (general) area as the Drury - that is, the NE corner of 465 - and the drive time to Sportzone will be in the 25-30 minute range I mentioned in my earlier response. I'd say many of them (particularly the ones near Keystone Crossing) do as well or probably better in terms of eating & shopping options than those on the NW corner of 465 (Park 100/College Park) area. I think at least some (if not all) of the "Fishers" hotels are along the portion of I-69 just north of I-465 that I mentioned in your other thread and probably have less options "right out the door."

Bottom Line: If you're wanting to minimize drive time, then go with something on the NW corner; Michigan Road doing a little better than the 71st St, 79th(?) and 86th St interchanges (not even sure there are any hotels at 86th). Otherwise, I'd probably go with one of the ones closer to Keystone Cross rather than the Fishers hotels.

Lastly, we didn't have any mention of downtown hotels on this thread. Not sure if you've checked them out, but they probably wouldn't be bad options. I'd guess the drive from downtown hotels to Sportzone would be in the 20-30 minute range (maybe less). Now they'll probably be more expensive, cost to park your car, etc, but you'll have a lot more options "right outside the door," etc.

hlo

Indiana
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Hotels near Sportzone on Coffman Road

thank you!!

6. Re: Hotels near Sportzone on Coffman Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 24, 2014