We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formula 1 traffic

Ottawa, Ontario
4 posts
Save Topic
Formula 1 traffic

I am parking in Lot 2, can somebody give me advice as to which exit is the most convenient and how much time I should leave myself?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Formula 1 traffic

Hi GOODY!. Lot 2 is an excellant choice for parking. It is directly across the street from The Speedway along the east side on Georgetown Road. Great spot for watching the fans pour into the track. The exit you take depends on what side of town you are coming from. Let me know that and I'll get you the best way in. After the race plan on sitting around for a while. It might be pretty congested. I believe there will be a great turn out this year ( over 100,000 fans) even after last years debacle. When are you coming to town and where are you staying. This will be the 12th year we will be hosting some Canadians from Toronto at our house. First 1, then 2 starting with the first F 1 race, now it looks like we'll have 4 this year. Lots of fun.

Ottawa, Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Formula 1 traffic

Hi Thanks for the reply!

Actually we haven't made any accomodation plans as of yet. We are driving down from Ottawa and hope to arrive Friday afternoon. I imagine we will be staying either downtown or on the East Side based on what I have been able to find on the internet. I tend to leave it till the last minute when the prices come down a bit. Do you have any suggestions?

Goody

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Formula 1 traffic

I'll check around. I think the Torontoans are comimg down Friday also. Downtown will be the most expensive. Remeber it is the U.S. 4th of July holiday weekend. If I remeber right it's a holiday for Canada too

Ottawa, Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Formula 1 traffic

Assuming we stay on the East Side, which is the best route with the least congestion to get to Lot 2? Also, when should we leave so we can get to our seats in time? Thanks Again!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Formula 1 traffic

From I-465 go to I-70 WEST. Follow this towards downtown Indy. When you get close to downtown you will need to get over to the LEFT. Signs should be marked I-65 South / to I 70 West. You will be going South about a mile to I 70 WEST (St Louis) Follow this to the HOLT ROAD exit. Take HOLT ROAD north (right) to 10th STREET. Turn left and go to LYNHURST (there will be a Thornton's service station on the corner of 10th and Lynhurst) Turn right. Follow Lynhurst PAST Crawfordsville Road (this is an angle Street). The first stoplight past Crawfordsville Rd will be 22nd Street.(there is an elementary school on the northeast corner of 22 and Lynhurst) Turn right. Go to AUBURN St.. From here I think LOT 2 entrance is to the right. Someone around there should be able to direct you there. The race starts at 1:00 p.m. Not sure about any support races. I would reccommend leaving no later than 9 a.m.. If they weather is nice it's easy to kill time up and down Georgetown rd. It will probably be HOT so bring plenty of liquids. You can bring coolers into the track and bring anything in them as long is there is no glass. I think the cooler size limit is 13". That info should be on The Speedway's site (www.brickyard.com ) Approx travel time from the eastside would about 30 minutes normal days. I would figure hour and a half race day. Any plans for Saturday? We usually go downtown with the Canadians and show them around. Feel free to join us! If you want to hang around The Speedway area, try Union Jack's Pub at Crawfordsville Rd and High School Rd. Great pizza and one of the largest racing helmet collections in the world. The Flag Room is insde the motel at The Speedway. Just a little bar that the locals hand with typical bar food. The canadians got to meet Jackie Stewart in there one year. Over on 1oth and Lynhurst is Kelly's Pub. Lots of racing stuff there. Or try McGilvery's at High School and 30th Street . have fun!!!

6. Re: Formula 1 traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 12, 2009