We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do after a Pacers game?

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
6 posts
Save Topic
What to do after a Pacers game?

I'm coming to Indy with some friends (over 21 young professionals) for a Pacers game. What are some of the better bars to go to after the game?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do after a Pacers game?

There are more bars than you can shake a stick at in the downtown (walkable) area. Rather than give a long laundry list of places, i'll ask if you give some guidance so we can tailor our suggestions?

Are you looking for: music (what kind), a good beer or wine selection, fancy cocktails, a sports bar, a "local's" bar, a dive or high-end place, food (and what kind), an ethic bar (English, Irish, etc), darts/pool, or . . . ?

Also, where you're staying and/or how far you're willing to walk/travel (cab?) might influence recommendations.

As you haven't posted very much on the TA forums, I'll pass along the observation that generally speaking providing more detail in your question leads to more & better responses.

Looking forward to making specific suggestions,

hlo

Cincinnati, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do after a Pacers game?

Thanks for the response HLO. To be more specific, probably someplace w/ a DJ vs live music, nicer than a sports bar but not a dance club, no food required, no interest in darts/pool, and no preference on ethnicity.

We'll be staying in the downtown area and are comfortable w/ walking or taking a cab.

At the end of the day, we'd want to go to some place unique to Indy. Someplace that a local would say is a must do when in Indy. Our group is flexible and varied interests thus my post was quite vague. At the end of the day, we'd like to go somewhere casual but lively at the same time.

Thanks!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do after a Pacers game?

Okay, got a little more to work with here; unfortunately not the best for helping me come up with something as what you're looking for isn't "up my alley" and/or what I would initially suggest has some conflicts with your desires.

That said, here's a few ideas that popped into my head:

1. As for unique to Indy, I'm going to read this to mean that chains (or at least not national chains) are out. This will still leave you options; just wanted to make clear that I will generally be avoiding anything more than a regional chain.

2. The first "only in Indy" place I thought of is the Slippery Noodle Inn, located just south of the RR track in downtown and an easy walk from the game. The "problem" is that is is know for live blues music and you're not looking for that. I'm sure there are some "only in Indy" places, but the only ones that are popping into my head right now are restaurants?!?!?

3. If nothing else you could just wander around - downtown is safe (insert standard keep your big city wits about you disclaimer here) - and you might walk by something that catches your eye or ear (I certainly have many times in my travels). If you decide to do this as I'd suggest the general area bordered by: RR tracks (south), Pennsylvania (maybe Delaware) to the east, probably Market or Ohio to the north and the Canal/West street to the west. (although there won't be much on the western side of this).

4. That said, there is another cluster of bars, restaurants, etc. near/walkable to downtown on "Mass. Ave." If you search the forum, I'm certain there is a link to a website which has a listing for (almost?) everything along it. Just not certain about the bar options there, much less the music (DJ) options.

5. There is also the Broadripple area which has more of a "college" vibe to it, but this would certainly require a cab ride. Again, not too sure of the options that fit into your desires (or for that matter much in general, it's been *years* since I frequented the area).

6. Might use Yelp or some other web resources to give you ideas as you can filter on locations and other attributes (others that come to mind are Metromix, Citysearch, etc.). This could give you a list of ones that you think look good and then you might post them here and see if you can get direct feedback on any of them.

Anyway, there are a few more thoughts, may post some specific ideas later if I come up with any,

hlo

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do after a Pacers game?

Cadillac Ranch all the way... just do it!

5. Re: What to do after a Pacers game?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 18, 2014