We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in central location to Lucas stadium and city....

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
669 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in central location to Lucas stadium and city....

Hello all,

We are football fans looking to visit for the Packers-Colts game on October 7th. We have never been to Indy and would like to know is there any places to stay ( Marriott courtyard, Holiday inn, etc) near things to do and see and also in walking distance to Lucas stadium.

***any suggestions on thing to do or see on a Saturday would be nice!

I'm not sure the stadium is in walking distance but would rather say what we would like in case.

Any help appreciated!!!

Thank you

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,275 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in central location to Lucas stadium and city....

2 or 3 hotels are clustered right at the stadium so these would be your best bet, but sure they get lots of game business. Nearly all the other downtown hotel are also walkable, some more than others. Really only 1 or 2 that wouldn't be good, but even these wouldn't be horrible (but might be better to cab).

The worst would be University Place & La Quinta. Of the others Crowne Plaza and Omni are closer, but pretty much all of the others would be ~10-15 minutes or less.

On my phone so that's all for now, will try to give more details and comments on non-hotel related ideas later.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
819 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in central location to Lucas stadium and city....

I think there is a Hoilday Inn Express practically in the stadiums backyard, on West Street. The is a Courtyard by Marriott approx. a mile away. Any of the hotels i downtown are pretty much walkable. What type of things are you interested in as far as sightseeing and food/entertainment? When are the Pack in town?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
819 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in central location to Lucas stadium and city....

Just saw the Oct 7 date. Weather should be good that time of year

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,702 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in central location to Lucas stadium and city....

There's also a Comfort Suites nearly adjacent to Lucas Oil Stadium. My wife stayed there a couple of years ago and had a very pleasant stay. Both that hotel and the Holiday Inn Express do charge a relatively (for Downtown Indy) nominal amount for guest parking, but it will certainly be cheaper than the cost of the lots near there on a game day.

5. Re: Hotel in central location to Lucas stadium and city....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 11, 2013