We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final Four - Courtyard Indianapolis South

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Final Four - Courtyard Indianapolis South

We have reservations at Courtyard Indianapolis South for the Final Four. What is in that area? How easy is it to get to the downtown area? Is it a safe area? Thanks.

Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Final Four - Courtyard Indianapolis South

cnauroz. We will be keeping our room. GMU played a great game, I wish UCONN won but they lost far and square. I'm proud to be a UCONN fan. Good luck to GMU, hope they go all the way.

Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Final Four - Courtyard Indianapolis South

Indyob

Thanks so much for all your help. You have been so helpful. We have reservations at Oceanaire and Scholars Inn.

Also, a thank you to Atjoe for your help. Between both of your suggestions I'm sure we are going to have a great time in INDY.

Deb

Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Final Four - Courtyard Indianapolis South

To everyone that helped us have a great time in Indy. Indyob, AtJoe Tina Tracey. You all gave us such wonderful information. And to Indyob for leaving that package for us.

We ate our way through INDY. We went to the Speedway and the fellows golfed at The Fort, but decided not to golf at Eagle Creek because of the weather. WINDY and RAIN. We never made it to Broad Ripple which was disappointing, but the next time you have a Final Four we will have someplace new to go to.

Thanks again. Looking forward to visiting INDY again.

Deb

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
394 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Final Four - Courtyard Indianapolis South

Deb,

Glad to hear you had a good time despite the storms and cool weather. I was thinking of your group Friday night when I saw the severe weather heading just a few miles south of your hotel.

You said you ATE your way through Indy. Can you let us know what restaurants and if you liked them or not? Might help us locals with recommendations to future visitors.

We have the Final Four again in 2010. Look forward to seeing you then.

atj

Berlin, Connecticut
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Final Four - Courtyard Indianapolis South

AT JOE - Glad to help. The weather stopped us the first night for a little while. But we spent the time in the pub downtown (name ?). Nice place. We didn't eat there because we had reservations at Oceanaire. The other storm we were in Scholar's Inn. The lights went out for a few seconds.

On the way back to the hotel, boy did we see some unbelievable lightening after the storm.

We also went to Slippery Noodle for drinks. Music was good.

Restaurants:

Oceanaire This was the best. The atmosphere and service was exceptional as well as the food. We all had a different fish dish. It's expensive but if travelers can afford to go I would highly recommend it.

Scholars Inn This was OK for an expensive restaurant. I had Filet with horseradish sauce. The taste was great but for a filet it was a little tough. My husband had tenderloin tips. He said one piece was a bit tough, the rest OK, the taste was wonderful. The others had fish and were very happy.

Cheesecake factory Had lunch there. We were all happy with our sandwiches and of course a piece of cheesecake. If you haven't been to one yet, go the food is good and the cheesecake was spectacular.

We ate at a brewery near the Circle. Sorry can't remember the name. Looking at the Circle it was on the street to the left, on the right side of the street. We had appetizers. All were great. We would recommend this place also.

I don't remember exactly how to spell it, but I'll take a stab at it. Chiangs. The food was great there. All were very happy. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Champs We had sandwiches and again all were happy and would recommend this place.

Oh and of course we had to try White Castle after the final game(Not in CT). Not my favorite place to go, but we had to try it. I wasn't hungry so I just had a bite of my husbands. Can't beat the price.

As you can see we went to a lot of different places. Like I said we ate our way through INDY. I don't remember being hungry, even in the morning. So glad we did a lot of walking.

We had breakfast at hotel, IHOP and a bagel place near the speedway.

Hope this helps. INDY is a great city and we look forward to going back in 2010. We are already talking about going to San Antonio in 2 years.

If you have any other questions I'd be glad to help.

Deb

Westfield, Indiana
Level Contributor
394 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Final Four - Courtyard Indianapolis South

Thanks, Deb. Very helpful. The brewery might have been either Rock Bottom or Alcatraz.

San Antonio is supposed to be very nice. You could certainly do worse than making it to a Final Four there.

Thanks again.

atj