We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Amtrak to Airport

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Champaign...
6 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Amtrak to Airport

I plan to visit my friend in Bloomington,IN from Champaign IL.

I tried to look for cheap ticket from Champaign but the best option seems to take a bus to Indianapolis' Amtrak station. Is there any suggestion for me so that i can travel directly from the amtrak station to Bloomington IN? (i will arrive there around 8.30 PM)

i noticed that Greyhound runs only at 9am but i can't stay overnight at Indianapolis. If not, my only option is to take shuttle service from the airport. Is there any cheap and fast ways that i can get to the airport from Amtrak Station?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,498 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Airport

First, welcome to TA!

Here is the page for the Indy Go (Indy's public transit, if you want to call it that) Green Line shuttle which makes the downtown/airport run:

www.indygo.net/pages/downtownairport-express

Just a quick skim of the page looks like you might be tight on time (runs until 9:00 pm) and will set you back $7 (each way). That's probably going to be your best bet.

You might check the Bloomington forum for other Indy/Bloomington options. I'm pretty sure I've posted on most of the major ones (and it seems like there is another bus option other than Greyhound, but I don't remember the schedule/details). I'm certain you'll find some information on the Indy airport to Bloomington shuttles there.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Champaign...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Airport

Awesome, I guess with this i can pull everything together. I will have no problem as long as all of my buses are on time.... Thank you!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,498 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Airport

You're welcome & thanks for the thanks. All too often we "regulars" post suggestions, ask for more information, provide detailed answers and what to we hear back . . . nada, zilch, bupkis, zed . . . .

I would make *absolutely* certain that the 9:00 pm is the the final bus to the airport time (and not the time they just stop); otherwise you may find yourself standing there waiting & waiting.

As far as I could tell the Convention Center is probably the closest stop, but I didn't look over the downtown hotels that are stops. One of these might be closer to the bus station. Either way, don't think you're looking at more than a few blocks/minutes of walking.

Glad I could help,

hlo

4. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 pm, June 22, 2013