We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown for Big Ten Game

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ann arbor, MI
Level Contributor
70 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown for Big Ten Game

In town for the game (Fri-Sun) and booked a Homewood Suites near Zionsville for $120 a night. Now found a cancellation that will get me into the embassy suites downtown for $250 a night. I like the idea of getting in to town on Friday afternoon (hopefully we can find parklng at the hotel or nearby) and hunkering down until Sunday morning-being able to walk around town and return to the hotel at any time. Otherwise we have to drive down on Saturday before the game. Would you say that being downtown for the weekend is worth spending some extra cash or does it just come with extra headaches? thanks.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
819 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Downtown for Big Ten Game

My guess hotels have had cancellations from fans from the schools who did not make the gsme

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Downtown for Big Ten Game

No I don't think hotels save rooms until tickets are released. My point is that this game has not sold out and is likely not going to sell out (or at least not have every seat occupied). There are two dozen tickets on StubHub now for less than $20. Nearly 5,000 tickets overall on StubHub. Ticket brokers are crying the blues in Indy.

There may well be some people who still have not decided to come and are holding reservations until they do decide if they are coming. People trying to sell tickets may cancel their room if they do indeed sell their tickets. You may also find some hotels who have no shows on Friday night that may open up rooms on Saturday night.

I just checked Expedia - the Westin has rooms at $151(a great rate IMO), the Hyatt, Marriott and Holiday Inn Express show rooms available with rates shown. When I checked yesterday none of these hotels showed on Expedia as having rooms. As a prior poster stated, contacting the hotels directly may yield more available rooms.

Bottom line - this game is going to bring a lot of people to town, but its not going to be close to a Final Four type crowd as far as hotel availability.

13. Re: Downtown for Big Ten Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 22, 2013