We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indy 500 first timer

Nashville, Tennessee
6 posts
Save Topic
Indy 500 first timer

My son-who is six and I are coming from Nashville to our first Indy 500. We are seating in Paddock Box B-24 on Row G. All i know is these are on the front stretch- Are these seats good? Also where is best place to park. We are going to stay probably two hours outside of Indy on Sat. Any help would be appreciated.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Indy 500 first timer

I agree with the other posters that Row G would be too low for me. With cars going by at 200mph they are kind of a blur when you're down that low. When you're seated up higher you can see them approach and then see them go around the 1st turn.

On the other hand, you'll be in prime viewing area for your son to see all the pre-race festivities. Personally, I like to get there somewhat early so that I can see all that is going-on, get my seatback chair, and get settled. That would be a great place to sit during that time with the pit action and seeing the cars being wheeled out to the track.

The seats in that area have a roof/awning. Sitting that low it's iffy whether you are going to be under the awning. That will help with the possibility of sunburn. Air doesn't circulate under that roof but it does prevent sunburn.

There is food at the track, but it's expensive. Plus, it's tradition to bring your own cooler with food and drinks. No glass bottles. Bring lots of water.

The race can get kind of boring part way through the day. There are lots of giftshops inside the track.

Have fun!

12. Re: Indy 500 first timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 13, 2013