We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel downtown for large family

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel downtown for large family

We have 8 kids and want to stay downtown for around $100-$120 a night. Any suggestions.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,433 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel downtown for large family

Can you clarify a few things? Bamely:

1) Are you looking for a single "room" (really more some kind of suite or room complex) to for everyone? If not, how many rooms are you looking for?

2) Presuming you're looking for more than one room (which isn't certain, see above), is your budget per room or a total for your entire group of rooms? If it's your total budget, it will probably be impossible to find anything as I think it would be hard to get even two rooms for under that figure.

3) Can you give some kind of (at least approximate) time you'll be visiting Indy? Time of year (events going on) can have a huge impact on hotel rates and could have a big impact on whether what you're asking for is even remotely possible.

4) What are you planning on doing while in town? Downtown is the most central location and is pretty compact, but some hotels are still closer to some activities than others and this could influence suggestions. Likewise if it appears you won't be able to meet your budget and people start suggesting things outside of downtown, what you're going to be doing could influence non-downtown hotel suggestions.

As you're relatively new to TA, I'll point out that supplying more information in your question is nearly always worthwhile and helps those of us who are trying to respond. Generally speaking more information results in more and better responses.

Bottom Line: If you're wanting more than one room, it will be difficult to meet your figure if it is your total budget - not saying it's absolutely impossible - just that it will be difficult. And, if this isn't the case, additional information will be helpful in making recommendations.

Sorry I couldn't give a more direct answer,

hlo

Indiana
Level Contributor
796 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel downtown for large family

I do not thinkit is possible...unless you stay at a Dollar Inn. Personally, I would never stay at those places, but they fit your budget.

Edited: 11:34 pm, August 29, 2011
3. Re: hotel downtown for large family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 16, 2012