We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near children's museum

St. louis, Missouri
6 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant near children's museum

I am looking for a great lunch spot near the children's museum that is not a chain. Any suggestions?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,067 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near children's museum

I was intrigued by your question and am happy i checked it out. My first thought was that there wasn't much in the area and, indeed by some standards there isn't. That said, there are a few and I was pleased with some of what I found.

Before going any further I will let you know what I used was my "go-to" restaurant site: Urbanspoon. You also might want to check Yelp! (which some swear by, but I avoid for various reasons), Chowhound (not sure if they have are real presence in Indy or not) or other restaurant rating sites (don't know anyone who uses TA as a primary restaurant info source).

Anyway, if you check out Urbanspoon you'll find at least a handful of restaurants in the area and I'll point out you it's not far to some of the other neighborhoods (Urbanspoon term for "areas"); Downtown, Mass Ave, Wholesale District and others are fairly close.

Anyway, I used the Northeast neighborhood and by using their map & popularity sort, found this place:

urbanspoon.com/r/40/441034/restaurant/Northe…

which I have also added to my Indy wishlist.

It's worth noting that given the fuzzy nature of the Urbanspoon neighborhood borders and the location of the Children's Museum you've got some overlap with Northwest neighborhood and ought to check it out as well.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Mentioned in this post
Indy Hostel
Indy Hostel
179 Reviews
Indianapolis, IN
2. Re: Restaurant near children's museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 01, 2012