We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Westin and The Eagle's Nest Restaurant Need Some Help

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
52 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
The Westin and The Eagle's Nest Restaurant Need Some Help

We just returned from a trip to Indianapolis. We were very disappointed at our hotel, the Westin. It is an impostor for a 4 star hotel. In major need of renovation. I don't see how it competes with the Hyatt, the Marriott and the Omni, all of which are also connected to helpful pedway system which allows you to walk to the downtown shopping mall, convention center and RCA Dome. The rooms are small and the bath rooms very small. The carpet is old and rolling in some areas. Our party of four dined at the Eagle's Nest atop the Hyatt. This restaurant offers typically nice views for a revolving restaurant. However, the food is over priced, of poor quality and the service was non existent. We dine out frequently mostly at fine dining establishments. We can not recommend and will not return. Of the four meals only the prime rib was good. The fish was mediocre and the filet mignons were unedible. The server was never returned after she had the food delievered though she did delete from the charges with out incident the food items complained about. The place not that busy. I try to be fair and objective when preparing one of these reviews. I recognize everyone can have a "bad day". However, the quality of the food served was so poor I don't see much hope for improvement. They sell the view not the food at this restaurant It is expensive, so be careful.

Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Westin and The Eagle's Nest Restaurant Need Some Help

About 15 years ago I booked a suite at the Westin, Indianapolis. That suite still remains one of my wife's favorite hotel rooms. I've never tried their regular room but have stayed at the nearby Omni twice and it was great. The Hyatt five years ago was also fine.