We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! What to do?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Help! What to do?

I am meeting my parents in Indy this weekend? Not familiar at all with the area. I have two teenagers. Need ideas as to what to do?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
831 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! What to do?

Hello dd, Former Milwaukeean here. If you stay downtown there is The Circle Centre Mall.(a pretty big enclosed shopping mall) The zoo is on the westside od downtown but it looks like it's going to prety cold this weekend. Also there is The Indiana State Museum and The NCAA Hall of Champions right there. The Children's Museum is at 30th and Illinois. It may say "Children's" but it's fun for all ages. Of course there is The Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It's on the westside about 6 miles from center of downtown. This weekend there will be cars running weather permitting, although the cars that are running ARE NOT the big cars. The Indy Racing experience is on the track. This is a scaled down version of The IRL cars that "regular people" can drive (cost $400.00 for 4 laps) The top out at 155 mph but you can get a little idea of how the race might be (The big cars do 230 plus) Besides a few eats I can't really think of anything else right now. What do your teenagers like?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! What to do?

Indy, Thank you for your help. I will check out the museum and mall. I have 2 teenage girls. The mall will be great. I have noticed a couple of theatre's around the area. Any recomendations? I was looking at the Boggstown Cabaret.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
831 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! What to do?

Boggstown is pretty fun. It's about 45 minutes southeast of downtown. Also there is Beaf N BoardsDinner Theatre which is up around 86th and Michigan Road. Pretty sure they have a website. Saturday night at The Blue Pavillion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds is The Country Music Expo American Idol finalists will take center stage. Kellie Pickler and Bucky Covington will join Blake Shelton and Clay Walker and many others Tix $20 at the door I'm copynig this out of today's Indpls Star. The State Museum has "Cosmic Thinking", a chance to discover the wonders of space exploration and celebrate the men and women who make science fiction a daily reality Tix $7. $4 under 12 There is a ballet at Clowes Hall on the campus of Butler University (can check tix at ticketmaster) There is also high sxhool basketball at hinkle Fieldhouse at Butler 3 p.m. sat. This is The Jemaine O'Neal Shootout Tix $5 Beef and Boards play this weekend is The Jungle Book Tix $12 Phone # 317-872-9664 The IMAX Theatre downtown features "Journey into Amazing Caves and a 3D Moon Walk" When you get to Indy try to find today's "GO" section from the morning Star I think Sat also will have one Have fun ENJOY INDY!!! If the weather permits take a walk along the canal. There is a steam clock behind the IN State Musem that plasy Back Home Again in Indiana every 2o minutes or so. About a mile walk north is The USS Indianapolis Memorial, might be a little boring for the girls but might as well throw in alittle history

wisconsin
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! What to do?

Thank you so much for all the great idea!

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! What to do?

You could go to the Children's Museum, i believe it's 3000 N. Meridian St. in Indy. It may be a Children's Musum, but the teens will enjoy it. I'm a teen and I enjoyed it. You could also go to Circle Centre, visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum (my personal favorite), Monument Circle, Indianapolis Zoo on W. Washington St., take in a play at the Murat Theatre. There's so much to do. For more info you can go to www.indy.org or www.visitindiana.com. Enjoy!

6. Re: Help! What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, August 30, 2009